- 6 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, snipped
- In a bowl, gently combine the tomatoes and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper; shake well. Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPlum Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinaigrette
"My husband loved this. The second time I made this I added some freshly shaved parmesan cheese and served it on top of grilled bread slices like a bruschetta. Seriously delicious."
"Great for a light, fresh side dish. This is a keeper! I'm sure it would be good with cucumbers added too."
"A good quick side."