Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups fresh sliced plums (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the plums, 3 tablespoons sugar and flour. Place in the center of pastry. Bring edges of pastry over filling, leaving 3-1/2 in. of filling uncovered. Brush pastry with egg white, then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 24, 2010
I've never made a plum tart before but this one tastes really good! Maybe next time I'll try adding apricot preserves in it, like I do with my apple pie.
Jul 9, 2008
Just wondered have you ever tried this with apples? Or peaches?
Jul 9, 2008
Do you bake the tarts and then freeze, or freeze and bake later?