- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups fresh sliced plums (about 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 9-in. circle. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the plums, 3 tablespoons sugar and flour. Place in the center of pastry. Bring edges of pastry over filling, leaving 3-1/2 in. of filling uncovered. Brush pastry with egg white, then sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden brown.
1 piece: 381 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.