Plum Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) plum or plum with apples baby food
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, baby food, oil and buttermilk. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and beat just until moistened. Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 158 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 14, 2015
Moist brown quick bread with good flavor. I used a 12-ounce can of Solo Prune Cake and Pastry Filling instead of the baby food and it turned out great! Will definitely be making this again!
Dec 6, 2013
We absolutely love plum bread, and the buttermilk in this recipe makes it super moist. Very delicious !!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.