Plum-Kissed Pear Jam
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears
- 1 cup chopped or coarsely ground pitted plums
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine pears and plums. Stir in pectin. Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2013
This was easy and it tastes great! I wasn't sure what to do with the excess plums and pears,but this was great. I like the combination of the two fruits together.
Sep 23, 2009
This was a great recipe to use up to autumn crops both bursting at the same time. My family will be enjoying it all winter. Thanks for sharing!