Plum-Kissed Pear Jam
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears
- 1 cup chopped or coarsely ground pitted plums
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine pears and plums. Stir in pectin. Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 12, 2013
This was easy and it tastes great! I wasn't sure what to do with the excess plums and pears,but this was great. I like the combination of the two fruits together.
Sep 23, 2009
This was a great recipe to use up to autumn crops both bursting at the same time. My family will be enjoying it all winter. Thanks for sharing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.