Plum-Glazed Pork Kabobs
- 1/3 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix jam, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Cut vegetables and pork into 1-in. pieces. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork and vegetables.
- 2. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until pork is tender, turning occasionally and brushing with 1/4 cup glaze during the last 5 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze before serving.
1 kabob: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
May 29, 2016
Really simple and tasty. Great even for busy week nights. Definitely making again.