- 1 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; heat on low until jam is melted. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken, pineapple and green pepper; add plum mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place cornstarch in a small saucepan; drain marinade into saucepan. Stir until smooth. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, pineapple and green pepper. Place skewers on a broiler pan 3-4 in. from the heat. Broil for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste with plum glaze. Broil 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. serve over rice with any remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPlum-Glazed Chicken Kabobs
"I don't usually like kabobs but this was just delicious!"
"I'm new to the Taste of Home recipes and this dish seemed like something I would like. Being a novice cook I was impressed with the overall ease, and more importantly, the taste. I added Veg-All to the rice for my 4 year old. I will be cooking this again and will recommend it to my friends."