- 2 cups plum jam
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; heat on low until jam is melted. Reserve half of the plum mixture; refrigerate. Pour half the remaining plum mixture into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. In another large resealable plastic bag add the other half of plum mixture. Add pineapple and green pepper. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate both bags for at least 2 hours.
- Place cornstarch in a small saucepan; Gradually add reserved plum mixture into saucepan. Stir until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken, pineapple and green pepper.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan 3-4 in. from the heat. Broil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Baste with plum glaze. Broil 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Serve over rice with any remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPlum-Glazed Chicken Kabobs
"I don't usually like kabobs but this was just delicious!"
"I'm new to the Taste of Home recipes and this dish seemed like something I would like. Being a novice cook I was impressed with the overall ease, and more importantly, the taste. I added Veg-All to the rice for my 4 year old. I will be cooking this again and will recommend it to my friends."