- 3 medium plums, sliced
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Arrange plums in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and oats; stir in butter and extract. Sprinkle over plums. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forPlum Crisp
"This has a great tartness to it. My husband normally only likes rhubarb desserts for the tartness but he said this was a keeper! Perfect with a scoop of ice cream for a bit of sweetness."
"Very tasty crisp! The slight sourness of the plums pairs nicely with the sweet topping and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I grew up eating rhubarb crisp, but there is not any fresh rhubarb in my current area. This is a nice substitute!"
"Simple to prepare and delish!!! Was a big hit with my family. We ate it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Go light on the nutmeg. You might as well mix it in to the topping instead of sprinkle it on the plums."
"Very good! The almond flavour is really yummy and smells sooo good while its baking."