Plum & Chutney Glazed Ham
I first saw this ham in a magazine more than 30 years ago and knew I had to serve it for Easter dinner. Over the years, I've tweaked it here and there to make it my own.—Arletta Slocum, Venice, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the jam, chutney, mustard, garlic, vinegar and pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam and chutney are melted; brush over ham. Press brown sugar onto ham.
- Bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 402 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 2052mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Plum-Chutney Glazed Ham in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.