Plum Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup salted cashews
- 2 medium fresh plums, sliced
- 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine the pineapple, plum sauce, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, green onions and cashews; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in plums. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf. Fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 298 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 2, 2010
I made these when I picked up some juicy looking plums from a farmers market. Don't get me wrong, the recipe was good... but it just wasn't our thing. The flavor was just different enough for my husband to say, "I'll eat this and it's good, but it's not my favorite." But if you're a person who likes sweet and sour, fruit with meat, you'll probably love it, and it's not bad on calories.