- 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll and press pizza crust onto an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; pinch edges to form a rim. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk and salt. Spread over crust. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and red pepper; cook until bacon is crisp. Drain well; sprinkle over potato. Top with cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. If desired, top with sour cream before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPleasing Potato Pizza
"Very yummy!! A few ways to decrease the fat and sodium counts...make homemade wholewheat crust, use sodium reduced bacon, as well as lower fat versions of cheese and sour cream. Worth trying!!"
"used "Perfect PizzaCrust" with these toppings. Fab"
"This is lots of fun to make and delicious to eat. Excellent; try it today!!"