- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh chives and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp, stirring occasionally. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until bacon is crisp. Drain well.
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll and press pizza crust onto an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; prick several times with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk and salt. Spread over crust. Top with bacon mixture and cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chives and serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPleasing Potato Pizza
"This was republished in the Feb/Mar 2018 issue of Simple & Delicious, and I immediately had to give it a try. I followed the recipe with these additions.... I added Italian flavoring to the mashed potatoes, and sliced black olives on the top. We loved this new version of an old favorite."
"Very yummy!! A few ways to decrease the fat and sodium counts...make homemade wholewheat crust, use sodium reduced bacon, as well as lower fat versions of cheese and sour cream. Worth trying!!"
"used "Perfect PizzaCrust" with these toppings. Fab"
"This is lots of fun to make and delicious to eat. Excellent; try it today!!"