Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 136 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 23, 2011
This has become an Easter dinner favorite for us, but it's wonderful anytime asparagus is a good buy. The peas make the more expensive asparagus go farther and serve more people, and the flavor is fantastic. Highly recommended!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.