Pleasing Peas and Asparagus
Guests won't be able to resist the fresh flavor and color of this springtime vegetable combination from Nina Hall of Citrus Heights, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces or frozen asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add peas, asparagus, butter, parsley, garlic salt if desired and pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; serve immediately.
May 23, 2011
This has become an Easter dinner favorite for us, but it's wonderful anytime asparagus is a good buy. The peas make the more expensive asparagus go farther and serve more people, and the flavor is fantastic. Highly recommended!