Plank-Grilled Ginger-Herb Trout
After tinkering with the herbs and spices of what was my favorite fish recipe I decided to grill the fish on a plank and what a world of difference it was. Hands down, this is now one of our favorite fish recipes. —Judy Castranova, New Bern, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 15 min.
- 2 grilling planks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons each minced fresh basil, cilantro and parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- Soak planks in water at least 1 hour. Combine butter, ginger, herbs, honey, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place planks on grill over direct medium heat. Cover and heat 3 minutes or until light to medium smoke comes from the plank and the wood begins to char. (This indicates the plank is ready.) Turn plank over and place on indirect heat.
- Spread herb mixture over flesh side of fillets. Place fish on planks, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 305 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Lemon-Ginger Trout in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.