Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 main-dish servings; 8 side salads
- 2 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup Western, Catalina or French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine lettuce (8 cups)
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or chopped Jones Canadian Bacon
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Bake pizza crusts at 400° for 8-10 minutes or grill over medium heat until desired crispness. When cool enough to handle, tear into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and basil; set aside. In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, pizza crusts, pepperoni, cheese and olives. Toss to mix ingredients. Drizzle each serving with dressing.
Oct 15, 2010
This is an excellant recipe. The only thing is my local grocery store does not carry prebaked mini pizza crusts. They do however have Focaccia Bread in the bakery. I cut the circle of bread in half so it isn't so thick and toast it. Then cut it up in place of the mini pizza crusts. Delicious!! After a hard day of physical work, my husband is satisfied when I serve this salad for supper.