Pizza with Hash Brown Crust
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns and soup. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 348 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2013
My husband liked it, my son didn't like it all and I thought it was ok. I used dried hash browns because that is what I had on hand. Might try it again with fresh celery as I didn't have any.
Sep 17, 2013
Very good. Added carrots and green pepper. Made half the recipe in an 11x7.
Jan 8, 2011
this was an easy dish to make. I used less hasbrowns than it called for in a smaller pan, so the meat was thicker. It made a great twist on an old favorite.