- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns and soup. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPizza with Hash Brown Crust
"My husband liked it, my son didn't like it all and I thought it was ok. I used dried hash browns because that is what I had on hand. Might try it again with fresh celery as I didn't have any."
"Very good. Added carrots and green pepper. Made half the recipe in an 11x7."
"this was an easy dish to make. I used less hasbrowns than it called for in a smaller pan, so the meat was thicker. It made a great twist on an old favorite."