- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and basil.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPizza Tater Tot Casserole
"It was a big hit here at work. We will have to make it again."