For a spin on a classic casserole, try my easy version. For a fun twist, just add your family’s favorite pizza toppings!—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Recommended: Slam-Dunk Recipes to Make During March Madness
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and basil.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Tot Casserole in Busy Family Winter 2010 Winter 2010
Reviews forPizza Tater Tot Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2015
"It was a big hit here at work. We will have to make it again."