Pizza-Style Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium firm red tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped green pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Dip tomatoes in flour mixture. In a skillet, fry tomatoes in oil, a few at a time, until golden on both sides. Sprinkle with green pepper if desired. Top with cheese; cook until the cheese is melted. Drain on paper towels; serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 each: 90 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pizza-Style Tomatoes
"I made this over the summer when my garden was overloaded with tomatoes. Really good! I can't wait to make them again next year."