Pizza-Style Manicotti Recipe
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Pour 1 cup sauce into an 11x7-in. baking dish. On a short side of each ham slice, layer one basil leaf, one piece string cheese and three slices pepperoni; roll up. Insert in manicotti shells; arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with olives and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover unbaked casserole and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2 stuffed manicotti: 618 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 2427mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Pizza-Style Manicotti
"Really good flavor. Just seems there's a lot of excess sauce. Could definitely make a few more of the rollups to use that extra."
"Amazing dish and so easy to make"
"These were delicious and very easy!!"
"SO, SO GOOD!!!!! These froze and reheated well. Saving!"
"This tasted just like a pizza! I didn't like that the string cheese never really melted. Be certain to use regular sized ham slices as mine were a bit oversized and it tore the shells."
"We liked but had trouble with the cheese running out."
"This was great and easy... I used low fat string cheese, low fat ham, Boars head pepperoni and healthy choice pasta sauce. I also put onions and greens peppers on top as well as some shredded mozzarella. And a touch of garlic powder. This was truly a great meal! I enjoyed as well as my family! Thumbs up and will be sharing with others."
"Omitted ham. very tasty and easy !!!!!"
"Very tasty, loved by the whole family. We left out the olives and used low fat cheese."