Pizza Salad Recipe
- 1 pound spiral macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Croutons, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, green onions and pepperoni. In a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and seasonings; pour over macaroni mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Top with croutons just before serving if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup: 362 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Salad
"I have been making this recipe for many years. Lost my paper copy and was very happy to find this online. I quarter the pepperoni slices or use the mini pepperoni so it is divided a bit more evenly. I have added olives, mushrooms, peppers and have substituted mozzarella too. It has been a hit every time it has been served."
"Made this salad this evening, turned out great. Still in refrigerator soaking up the seasoning and getting cold. I used salami, instead of pepperoni. I cut into small cubes. I also used shredded 4 cheese Mexican cheese, don't like cheddar cheese, added a couple tablespoon balsamic vinegar, chopped onions and 1 chopped jalapeno pepper, I like spicy.. I also used two different kind of pasta. Used olive oil, that is what I have in my home...Turned out great....I always like to put my own spin on these recipe. I am a great cook."
"Pizza salad was delicious, I prepared it for a bowling banquet & it was a success, several people asked for the recipe. They told me they had tried to make this before but it was never this good. I must say that I cut back on the cheese cubes, I also cut the peperoni in halve."
"I make this all the time. I use a couple bottles of zesty Italian dressing (or regular) then you don't have to use the vinegar, oil, or oregano. I also mince fresh garlic instead of the powder. Works great using salami with pepper jack cheese."
"I want to make this, but I don't have any red wine vinegar. I'm not able to get out to store due to recent surgery. I have white distilled vinegar. Is it ok to use that instead or should I use something else as a substitute for the red wine vinegar? Thanks"
"I love this recipe, have been making this for years. I always add some sliced black olives. The dressing is excellent and we never have leftovers."