- 1 pound spiral macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, green onions and pepperoni. In a small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Top with croutons just before serving if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPizza Salad
"I have been making this recipe for many years. Lost my paper copy and was very happy to find this online. I quarter the pepperoni slices or use the mini pepperoni so it is divided a bit more evenly. I have added olives, mushrooms, peppers and have substituted mozzarella too. It has been a hit every time it has been served."
"Made this salad this evening, turned out great. Still in refrigerator soaking up the seasoning and getting cold. I used salami, instead of pepperoni. I cut into small cubes. I also used shredded 4 cheese Mexican cheese, don't like cheddar cheese, added a couple tablespoon balsamic vinegar, chopped onions and 1 chopped jalapeno pepper, I like spicy.. I also used two different kind of pasta. Used olive oil, that is what I have in my home...Turned out great....I always like to put my own spin on these recipe. I am a great cook."
"Pizza salad was delicious, I prepared it for a bowling banquet & it was a success, several people asked for the recipe. They told me they had tried to make this before but it was never this good. I must say that I cut back on the cheese cubes, I also cut the peperoni in halve."
"I make this all the time. I use a couple bottles of zesty Italian dressing (or regular) then you don't have to use the vinegar, oil, or oregano. I also mince fresh garlic instead of the powder. Works great using salami with pepper jack cheese."
"I want to make this, but I don't have any red wine vinegar. I'm not able to get out to store due to recent surgery. I have white distilled vinegar. Is it ok to use that instead or should I use something else as a substitute for the red wine vinegar? Thanks"
"I love this recipe, have been making this for years. I always add some sliced black olives. The dressing is excellent and we never have leftovers."