Refrigerated pizza crust gives this recipe a hard start, but feel free to substitute your own homemade crust. The veggies are so tasty you won't miss the sauce or the meat.—Sally Sierak, Shoreline, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large portobello mushroom, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crust into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Brush crust with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onion, red peppers, mushroom and remaining oil; seal bag and toss to coat. Place vegetables in a single layer on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange tomatoes over crust; top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.