Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine the potatoes and contents of sauce mix in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, water and oregano to a boil. Pour over potatoes. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 342 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Dec 11, 2010
My husband and I love this recipe. I've been making it for years. Sometimes I'll change it up a little and use 1/2 lb of browned pork sausage, a small can of mushrooms, and some chopped green pepper instead. Pepperoni still remains our favorite though. My recipe is slightly different. It calls for 1/2 tsp oregano and 2 cups of cheese. I put the cheese on at the same time as everything else. The cheese makes a little crust on the top but that's the way we like it. I bake it, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. This recipe is supposed to feed 4 but we like it so much that sometimes we almost eat the whole thing ourselves. We'll probably be fighting over the leftovers tomorrow :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.