- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, basil or parsley, optional
- Prick potatoes with a fork; cook in a microwave until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper with onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato and pizza sauce; heat through.
- Split potatoes lengthwise; flake potato centers with a fork. Spoon meat mixture into each; top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with herbs if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPizza Potato Toppers
"Love the recipe a lot"
"I made one with sweet potato as well because my husband prefers sweet potatoes. The whole family enjoyed this, even the teenager."
"This was a hit! I used more hamburger than it called for but am getting extra meals so am very happy! It is a new family favorite.!"
"I found this recipe very tasty! my husband/son raved about it..served with a tossed salad...will make again."
"A great recipe. easy to make and delicious!"
"Have not made the pizza one but have made this using taco seasoned meat, salsa, sourcream and cheese on baked potatoes for a great quick meal. Delicious"