To cut preparation at mealtime, mix and shape these patties the night before and refrigerate. If you like lots of sauce, you may want to serve extra spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the green pepper, onion and Parmesan cheese. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Place a patty on the bottom of each bun; drizzle with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 720 calories, 46g fat (18g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1645mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Patties in 2002 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.