To cut preparation at mealtime, mix and shape these patties the night before and refrigerate. If you like lots of sauce, you may want to serve extra spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, green pepper, onion and Parmesan cheese. Shape into four patties. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, turning occasionally; drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce; cover and simmer for 7 minutes. On the bottom of each bun, place a sausage patty and some sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Patties in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1