To cut preparation at mealtime, mix and shape these patties the night before and refrigerate. If you like lots of sauce, you may want to serve extra spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the green pepper, onion and Parmesan cheese. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Place a patty on the bottom of each bun; drizzle with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Patties in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1