Pizza Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato puree, pepperoni, sugar and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 603 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Jun 11, 2019
We had this delicious recipe tonight and cleaned our plates. I made only a slight change. I had no mushrooms so substituted chopped onions. This goes together quickly as well as cooks quickly and all in one pan. It is delicious and definitely a 5-star recipe. Volunteer Field Editor
May 8, 2017
Delicious!!! Everyone went back for more!
Nov 24, 2015
I love this recipe. More importantly my teenage grandsons love this! They do not like mushrooms so I add a little extra green or red pepper and skip the mushrooms when making it for them. I've also used ziti and it is great! The flavors are so pizza like and the smell is mouth watering! Easy, quick, delicious! What more could you ask for?
Apr 4, 2014
I loved this recipe. The ingredients are simple but it tastes delicious. I substituted tomato sauce for the tomato puree. I would add an additional can of tomato sauce to the recipe next time, as it was a little dry.
Feb 9, 2012
This was great, no leftovers! I have super picky kids, so omitted the peppers and mushroom. Still good.
Jun 28, 2011
This was delicious. I used 3 cups of uncooked pasta as I wanted to make more servings. I added onion to the ground beef, mushrooms, and pepper. I also used 2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes instead of the puree and a 14 oz jar of pizza sauce. My family loved it. It was a nice twist on a goulash-type dish.
Jun 11, 2011
This was just O.K. I thought the sauce was a little too bland. Not my favorite.
Jun 10, 2011
We used the mini turkey pepperoni. I also used canned mushrooms because I didn't have fresh on hand. Loved it. Kids love this one too. You can make put in fridge for those active kids to scoop and heat when on the run.
Jun 9, 2011
This recipe was awesome. It was so easy to make & oh so tastey
Jun 3, 2011
very good but i added chopped onion to the hamburger and a small can of tomato sauce i will make this one again