Pizza Pasta Pie
I received this recipe years ago at a party. When I try a new recipe and like it, I write the date, who was at the meal and any comments about the dish right on the card. That makes it fun when I go back through my recipes later.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, beat 1 egg. Stir in the spaghetti, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and butter; mix well. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread spinach over top.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the remaining egg. Stir in cottage cheese and remaining Parmesan. Spread over spinach. Combine pizza sauce, carrot, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic powder; pour over cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 193 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Pie in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.