Pizza Pasta Pie
I received this recipe years ago at a party. When I try a new recipe and like it, I write the date, who was at the meal and any comments about the dish right on the card. That makes it fun when I go back through my recipes later.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, beat 1 egg. Stir in the spaghetti, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and butter; mix well. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread spinach over top.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the remaining egg. Stir in cottage cheese and remaining Parmesan. Spread over spinach. Combine pizza sauce, carrot, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic powder; pour over cottage cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 193 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Pasta Pie in Casserole Cookbook