Pizza Pasta Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Do not cook or add pasta. Freeze meat sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place meat sauce in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Add pasta and top with cheese as directed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 461 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1129mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2012
This was good but watery. Would probably drain the tomatoes next time or pour off some liquid at least. I substituted a jar of pizza sauce for the spaghetti sauce. Recipe makes a lot. I will probably cut the pepperoni slices in 1/2 next time so they are easier to eat.
Nov 10, 2010
This was great. Made it for a weekly cookout and everyone loved it and went back for seconds. This is a keeper!
May 30, 2010
Very very good! My husband says " That's a keeper to repeat."
Oct 14, 2008
I know its a lot of work, but posting the nutritional values is very helpful. Especially to diabetics who must count the carbs in everything. Thank you.