- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the pepperoni, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Do not cook or add pasta. Freeze meat sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place meat sauce in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Add pasta and top with cheese as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPizza Pasta Dinner
"This was good but watery. Would probably drain the tomatoes next time or pour off some liquid at least. I substituted a jar of pizza sauce for the spaghetti sauce. Recipe makes a lot. I will probably cut the pepperoni slices in 1/2 next time so they are easier to eat."
"This was great. Made it for a weekly cookout and everyone loved it and went back for seconds. This is a keeper!"
"Very very good! My husband says " That's a keeper to repeat.""
"I know its a lot of work, but posting the nutritional values is very helpful. Especially to diabetics who must count the carbs in everything. Thank you."