- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over the top. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
Reviews forPizza Pasta Casserole
"If you love pepperoni, this dish is for you. It was a bit dry for our tastes. Would add extra sauce next time.”"
"made this for a church fellowship. I added Mushrooms, red onion and bell pepper to one of the casseroles for adults that enjoy a combo pizza. Used spice while cooking the meat. Lots of garlic!"
"Not bad at all! I made the two casseroles and served them the night before I went out of town for two days, so that my husband and teenage boys could eat the leftovers while I was gone. My husband and I are NOT pepperoni lovers but my boys are, so I customized them. One casserole was made as written, for the boys. For the other, I used Italian sausage in place of the beef. I also topped it with mushrooms, green bell pepper, and sliced black olives, instead of pepperoni. I probably added more cheese than it called for (seriously, who measures cheese for casseroles???) When I got home, there were two scraped out casserole dishes in the sink!"
"I added green peppers, olives, and more spaghetti sauce (total of 48 oz). It didn't really taste like pizza but was an easy, hearty meal."
"I really liked this.I only made one and froze half for another time.I added peppers with the onion and a few olives.I will definitely make again"
"It was ok. I did season the meat while cooking with season all, onions and Italian spices. I think it would've been better if green peppers and mushrooms were added and perhaps pizza sauce instead of spaghetti. Overall, my family said it was good."
"Very Bland. Please precook the pepperoni or your dish will ooze with grease. Won't be making this one again."
"My adult children and grandson loved it!My son thought it needed more cheese but I think that's personal preference . Super easy and making 2 casseroles at once is a great time saver !!"
"Made as recipe is and had no flavor. Needs lots of spices"