Pizza Parlor Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a small skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 448 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 13, 2016
I add mushrooms to cook in with the sausage & onion, I leave out the green pepper. I typically add canadian bacon & pepperoni as well. This recipe freezes well, so I freeze the leftovers into single serving sizes for lunches.
Oct 5, 2011
Love this recipe. Tweaked it alittle by adding a few more vegetables to the sauce (fresh tomatoes and mushrooms), and added a little bacon that I had on hand. So quick and easy too.
Jul 18, 2010
Nice small recipe to make, freeze and take in our motorhome.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.