Pizza Parlor Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a small skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 448 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1277mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 13, 2016
I add mushrooms to cook in with the sausage & onion, I leave out the green pepper. I typically add canadian bacon & pepperoni as well. This recipe freezes well, so I freeze the leftovers into single serving sizes for lunches.
Oct 5, 2011
Love this recipe. Tweaked it alittle by adding a few more vegetables to the sauce (fresh tomatoes and mushrooms), and added a little bacon that I had on hand. So quick and easy too.
Jul 18, 2010
Nice small recipe to make, freeze and take in our motorhome.