Pizza Muffins Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Muffins
"I recall preparing these muffins more than one time! I omitted the sugar. I also used 1 tsp. salt and if dried oregano isn't available, I've used Italian seasoning instead. I recall using at least 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, DIVIDED. These muffins went over well when I contributed them for our coffee hour at our chapel or simply just to share them with friends! delowenstein"
"It was very nice and yummy to have them while warm. I just added chilli flakes too as a seasoning to give an extra punch!!"