- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, oregano and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Fill greased jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPizza Muffins
"These are good, and they do taste like pizza. I made them as 12 standard size muffins and baked for 20 minutes. In order to get all of the dry ingredients incorporated, an additional tablespoon of the juice was needed. The batter is thick and the muffins are dense. I added about 1/4 tsp. of dried basil and a dash of garlic salt. I think these could be made as mini muffins and served warm as appetizers."
"I recall preparing these muffins more than one time! I omitted the sugar. I also used 1 tsp. salt and if dried oregano isn't available, I've used Italian seasoning instead. I recall using at least 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, DIVIDED. These muffins went over well when I contributed them for our coffee hour at our chapel or simply just to share them with friends! delowenstein"
"It was very nice and yummy to have them while warm. I just added chilli flakes too as a seasoning to give an extra punch!!"