- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Additional marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper flakes; microwave, covered, on high for 30 seconds. Uncover and cool slightly. Cut each biscuit into four pieces; transfer to oil mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and pepperoni.
- In a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, layer half of the biscuit mixture; drizzle with 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Repeat layers. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPizza Monkey Bread
"By the way this disappeared from the platter, it must have been a huge success... I didn't even get a bite as it was gone before I could grab some. I found it much easier to use a large plastic dish tub to mix the cut up dough pieces with the oil and other ingredients, and I used my hands instead of a spoon... I doubled the amount of pepperoni. cheese, and marinara, and added some tiny bits of diced onion and red bell pepper, and I had several other sauces available on the side. I provided a large serving fork to break away the pieces. I will make this again."
"Originally made this for a playoff game potluck. Was a big hit! We put several different dipping sauces with it, so people could switch it up a bit (ranch, marinara, a few cheese sauces). Everyone was asking for the recipe! Kids and adults alike enjoyed this "alternative" to regular pizza!"
"I made this took it to a church fellowship and everyone was asking who mde it they loved it especially the teens.. great recipe ( I was ask to bring it every month)"
"I was staying with my 15 and 13 year old grandsons and I had save this because I thought they would like this. It was very easy to make. We had it for a lite lunch. Both of them liked it. I would like to try it with yeast dough. The 13 year old loved it, made me write the recipe for his mother.This is what he wants for his birthday dinner."
"Way too much bread. It's like just eating pizza crust."
"I made this with simple, homemade bread dough (yeast, whole wheat & white flours, water) . I rolled the balls in the olive oil and added toppings and seasonings. Baked and served with marinara sauce for dipping. I have to rate this to submit, but i didn't use the same ingredients.. The 5 of us ate the whole bundt pan worth (1lb loaf). It was definitely fun to eat."
"I made this pizza monkey bread over the holidays. The first time I made it as the recipe stated and it was delicious. I like a bit more zing so the second time I added finely chopped onions and green and red peppers. I also doubled the spices and put in a little extra pepperoni. My guests liked both ways and several requested the recipe."
"I found this recipe after my grandson begged for pizza. I found it easy to prepare and out of this world delicious!! The only thing I did different was to use my stove top to heat the olive oil mixture, I am not a fan of the microwave...also, I was worried it would be too spicy for my grandson, but he ate most of the monkey bread. I gave my daughter in law the recipe, and told her to check out Taste of Home for more awesome recipes..."
"Amazing recipe. I tried it for the first time. Immediately I fell in love. This is a new favorite."