- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 block (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 jars (28 ounces each) pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients just until mixed. Shape into 48 small meatballs. Cut mozzarella into 48 cubes, 1/2 in. each; push a cube into the center of meatball, covering the cheese completely with meat. Roll lightly in flour. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil until browned; drain. Add pizza sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Serve over pasta or rice, in buns or as an appetizer. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPizza Meatballs
"they are good, but not something I would normally make because they are time consuming. I baked my meatballs at 400 for 20 minutes and I did not roll them in flour or fry in oil. That worked very well.. Especially is using to make pizza meatball subs, would be less time consuming to just make the meatballs, simmer them in pizza sauce and top with shredded mozzarella cheese instead of stuffing them."
"I made the meatballs and brought them to a potluck as an appetizer. They were a hit! A nice change from typical meatball recipes."
"These were really good. I halved the recipe for us. I served them as subs, but I think next time I would serve them over pasta."
"My 11 year old niece made the meatballs and they are delicious!!!!"
"Made this for supper last night. I thought it was good, but my hubby really liked and he ate all the leftovers!! I thought the browning was a pain so if I make this again, I think I will try baking the meatballs in the oven and then add them to the sauce."
"Time consuming to stuff, but very tasty."
"I actually make this recipe without the cheese inside and my family loves the meatballs."
"These are SO yummy! Will definately make again soon."