- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add 3/4 cup of pizza sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Combine beef and sausage; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Drain. Spoon remaining pizza sauce over meat loaf; bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forPizza Meat Loaf
"This is a very yummy and simple meatloaf. My 6 year old daughter loves it and we make it time and time again! Wonderful job."
"This was a tasty meatloaf, even tastier cold the next day. I made as is except used 3/4 cup of bread crumbs and a 1/4 cup mixture of wheat germ and ground flax seed."
"This was better than I expected. To me, it was a step above your average meatloaf. As my husband loves meatloaf, I have no doubt that I'll be making it again."
"My 12 year old daughter made this for supper with only a bit of help over the phone. No chopping involved made it perfect for our beginner cook. Everyone enjoyed, and she enjoyed the praise. Thanks!"
"I just made this recipe and it turned out great! I did cook it a little longer than recommended, but I like my meat medium well. It was a hit!"