Pizza Macaroni Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; stir in the contents of cheese packet.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 376 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2017
So simple my 7yo made it (with just a little help!) and the whole family loved it! I added just a splash of milk when mixing up the macaroni.
Jan 25, 2017
Very good. I used two boxes of macaroni (Annie's organic) and ground turkey in place of hamburger. My boys loved it.
May 30, 2015
I ran across this recipe while looking for something different to cook and use some of the pepperoni I had sitting in the fridge before it went bad. I was skeptical with how the pasta and pizza combination would be but also intrigued so I thought what the heck I'll try it. I followed the recipe to a T except for adding a half a box more of the Mac n cheese dinner. I've got to say that both I and my husband were amazed at how good this dish really was. The flavors melded perfectly. My only complaint was that I felt the mac n cheese was just a tad bit on the dry side but not a lot. I think next time I'll just go ahead and use both boxes of mac n cheese and add just a little bit of milk to make it easier to mix the dry powder in the noodles. I will be making this recipe again. Thanks for a great recipe!
Jul 30, 2014
I made this as is the first time and it was good. After that I did what tonyarn did as well as added 2 c. shredded Jack cheese and it kicked it up a notch. EXCELLENT!!! I lost track of how many times I made this.
Jan 19, 2013
I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. The only changes I make is that I use 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese and I prepare the macaroni and cheese as it directs on the package.
Aug 14, 2011
I made this recipe and it was deliciousWould make again also-made to take to a sick friend and her son smelled when I bought it in it a said he couldn't wait to eat it.
Apr 27, 2010
I have made this recipe several times now for my family and they always want to know when I will be making it again. It is very simple to make and is very delicious. Good for potlucks with lots of kids.
Jan 23, 2010
When I first came across this recipe I was thinking pizza sauce and pepperoni on macaroni and cheese? Figuring I'd give it a shot anyway I was NOT disappointed. My son didn't think he would like it either but he smiled wide and said this is "my third favorite now." Will definitely make this again!