Pizza Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir in contents of cheese packet. Transfer to a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the beef mixture, pizza sauce, pepperoni and remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 512 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1038mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 23, 2017
Been making this for years. Easy & delicious. A fun alternative to pizza.
Apr 14, 2016
Just tried this last night......easy to make and tastes wonderful
Feb 14, 2016
Really yummy! Fun to look at, too. We made homemade mac & cheese instead of boxed, but it still tasted great. Nice combo of two favorite foods!
Nov 3, 2014
A real keeper, may double it next time.
Sep 17, 2014
Just tried this last night......easy to make and tastes wonderful!!
Jun 4, 2014
Absolutely a keeper in our home.