- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
- Roll half of dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce. Top with sausage mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and 1/8 teaspoon oregano. Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal edges. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and oregano.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPizza Lover's Pie
"We tried this recipe last night and it was quite tasty. However, I think next time we will try to make a different version using: Diced cooked chicken, fresh spinach leaves, crumbled bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and either Italian cheese blend or a little feta cheese (or both). You can totally make this your own with whatever ingredients you enjoy. Another idea, would be to add strips of mozzarella cheese sticks to the crust before sealing the edges together. So many possibilities!!! :-)"
"It was really quite yummy - but the top layer of dough was very undercooked, and the cheese was starting to burn. When I make it again, I will bake for about 12-15 min before adding the cheeses on top, and that should solve the problem."
"So good....and yummy. .....I did use 2 cans of pizza doughfor my pizza pie crust & the top layer however. It turned out great too! This is a keeper pizza pie recipe that really changes your regular ol slice of pizza into something with much more depth of textures and flavors....oh yea, I also added a sprinkle of bacon bits to the inside toppings. Thanks for Sharing!"
"I would make it a bit different cuz I do not eat meat that often..Ingredients1/4 pound bulk pork sausage (or no meat.. using black beans instead!)1/2 cup chopped green & red peppers1/4 cup chopped onion1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or Mexican mixed cheese)1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce8 slices pepperoni1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained1/4 teaspoon dried oreganoThanks for an awesome idea!"
"Excellent! Pizza Night is Friday Night in our house and this was a winner. I will admit that frozen bread dough can be a pain to spread in the pan but in the end it was worth it!"
"My husband loves his pizza, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.It was a hit. I used my own pizza dough recipe and next time I might try making a stuffed crust pie! This was a really tasty and satisfying supper dish."
"This was really delicious! I did end up leaving out the mushrooms because they are not very popular in my house. I will definitely be making this again and again."