Pizza Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium green pepper
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and oregano.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the onion, pepper and pepperoni; cover and process until chopped. Add to beef mixture. Simmer 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Spoon mixture onto buns. Top with cheese and mushrooms. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Pizza Joes
"These are soooooo good and easy! I will make them again for sure!!"
"This recipe disappeared from our plates faster than I got them on the buns. A new house favorite!"