- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon oil until almost tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, lightly brown one tortilla in 1/2 teaspoon oil. Turn over; top with half of the pepperoni, tomatoes, onion mixture and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper flakes if desired. Repeat for second pizza. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPizza in a Skillet
"This was a great way to please everyone in the family. I loaded mine with veggies, pepperoni for my daughter and sauce and cheese for my son the purist. I'm thinking BBQ chicken skillet pizza next."