- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next 13 ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf. Stir before serving over pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPizza in a Pot
"We liked it but hate the name, "in the pot" so my daughter wants to call it something like Fiesta Pizza."
"I went ahead and added 8 ounces of our fav pepperoni chopped in medium sized pieces and browned it with the sausage. I then drained all the meat on paper towels before putting it in the crock pot with other ingred. Turned out really good. I served it with Asiago cheese because we like the flavor.CEA"
"Looks like pepperoni in the picture!!!??? Is there pepperoni in this recipe? If so, when does it get added?"