"My girls frequently have friends over at night," writes Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. "And their big brother is always asking for something to eat! So I make these miniature pizzas often. They couldn't be quicker."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound spicy or mild pork sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, ketchup and garlic powder; set aside.
- Press biscuits into 20 well-greased muffin cups. Spoon 1 or 2 tablespoons of the meat sauce into each biscuit; top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining meat sauce.)
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Cups in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.