Pizza Corn Dog Snacks
In Camas, Washington, Linda Knopp dresses up frozen corn dogs to create these tasty bite-size treats. Just slice 'em and spread 'em with pizza sauce and other toppings for a fun snack for kids or an easy appetizer for adults.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn dogs, thawed
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove stick from each corn dog; cut into 1-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with olives, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and corn dogs are heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 168 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pizza Corn Dog Snacks in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.