My husband loved the pizza burgers at a restaurant back home in New York. We can't get them as often anymore since we moved to Delaware, so I decided to try to duplicate the recipe. It must have worked; my husband says they're great.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-in. patties. In a skillet, fry patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top each patty with cheese. Serve on buns with pizza sauce.
Originally published as Pizza Burgers in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.