These unique pizzas are always a big hit at gatherings with family and friends. They're equally as good after the party; I enjoy some when I raid the fridge in the middle of the night - if there's any leftover, that is!
Recommended: Apple Crisp, Crumble and Cobbler Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (20 inches), halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the uncooked beef, olives, onion, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pizza by the Yard in Country Extra January 1995, p49