Pizza Burgers Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon aniseed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties. Place on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 346 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pizza Burgers
"I didn't make these in the broiler, I just did them in a skillet. They fell apart a little but were very tasty!"