These taste especially good as a snack after an afternoon of cross-country skiing or snowmobiling. I prepare them before we go and pop them in the fridge, then just heat them when we get home!—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushrooms, drained
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Buttered hamburger buns
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, mustard, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; stir into beef mixture. Add mushrooms and mix well. Simmer 15 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto buttered hamburger buns; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place on baking sheets; heat under broiler until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.