Pizza Bread (Pizza Sandwiches)
When I was growing up, my parents worked. So I learned basic cooking skills in Boy Scouts to prepare meals at home. These days, my wife Diane, and I share the kitchen responsibilities.—Steve Mirro, Cape Coral, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (20 inches) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, Combine beef, tomato paste, olives, Parmesan cheese, chives, salt, oregano and pepper. Spread to the edges of the cut surface of the bread. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.